Job Title: Piping Stress Engineer
Location: Bangalore / Remote
Employment Type: Full Time
Industry: Engg & IT Service
Experience: 5-10 Years
Functional Area: Pipe Stress, Autocad, CAESAR
Position:- Piping Stress Engineer
Industry:- Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Power
Tool:- CAESAR-II, PDMS/E3D
Exp: 5-10 Years
Area of Work: Stress calculation for steam and condensate piping
Undertaking below tasks
(1) Prepare Project Design basis for Stress Analysis.
(2) Prepare Stress Critical Line List.
(3) Execute Stress analysis using software.
(4) Prepare Stress reports in project deliverable format.
(5) Mark-up stress related data (routing changes, support location and types, etc.) on isometrics for updation in 3D model.
(6) Prepare Piping Load Summary as input for Civil/Structural design.
(7) Prepare Datasheets, RFQ / MR, TBA and VDR for bought out supports (Eg. Springs).
(8)Couple of European projects would be good. US Projects are OK.
Preferred Standards: PSK 4207 (E16C1C) and PSK4209 (E40C1B).
(B) Knowledge Base / Soft Skills
(1) Good understanding and awareness of :
(i) ASME B31.1 code requirements related to safety in stress
(ii) Flange leakage calculations.
(iii) Calculating nozzle displacements using first principles (Geometry, material, temperature).
(iv) Pipe support constructions.
(v) Spring selection criteria.
(vi) 3D model navigation in Navisworks
(2) Good working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Paint.
Below experience will be an added advantage
(a) WRC calculations.
(b) Nozzle stiffness calculation using NozzlePro software.
(c) ASME B31.1 code (Power Piping) requirements related to safety in stress
(d) Stress analysis of non-metallic piping (Eg. GRP) – not required but added benifit
(e) Good English communication skills both written and oral.
Oil & Gas and/or Chemical, Power Plants
Mechanical Engineering Degree from a reputed institute.