Job Title: Senior Network Engineer - Cisco SD-WAN
Location: Bangalore / Remote
Employment Type: Full Time
Industry: Engg & IT Service
Experience: 9+ Years
Functional Area: SD WAN, Cisco Nexus 9K and Cisco Catalyst 9, Cisco ISE for Dot1X
Senior Network Engineer - Cisco SD-WAN
Exp: 9+ Years
- Responsible for the delivery of network planning, design, implementation & optimization services as a post sales consultant to client's Commercial Enterprise clients.
- Create Low Level and High-Level design of campus and data center networks utilizing industry best practices and industry leading hardware to include: Enterprise l L2/L3 switching and Data Center switching platforms, SD-WAN and many other deployments
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network hardware appliances.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 Years of documented relevant work experience
- Must have at least 7 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry best practices
- Experience implementing Cisco Nexus 9K and Cisco Catalyst 9K switching
- Experience deploying logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, Device Contexts, Datacenter Zones, Spanning tree, VRF, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network and security protocols (IPSEC VPN, QoS, SGT, SSL VPN, AAA, Dot1x, TustSec, NAT etc).
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Experience with inter-company routing is preferred.
- SD-WAN implementation and migration experience in one of the following is required: Cisco SDWAN (preferred), VmWare SDWAN(VeloCloud), Aruba SDWAN (SilverPeak), Fortinet SDWAN, Versa SDWAN
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or seven to ten years equivalent network engineering experience.
- Experience using Cisco DNA Center for PnP deployments and automation
- Experience implementing Cisco ISE for Dot1X deployments
- Cisco SD-Access (SDA) Implementation experience.
- Experience integrating SD-WAN into SASE and cloud deployments (Umbrella SIG, Zscaler)
- Experience with multicloud technologies (Equinix, Megaport)
- Certifications in industry leading products preferred: Cisco, Aruba, Fortinet, Palo Alto, VMware, Juniper, Arista
- Partner post sales consulting experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge or experience with Meraki is a plus
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools and API scripting with Python
- Experience with network automation using Ansible, Terraform or other orchestration tools
- Experience with Hybrid Cloud network deployments including AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus
- Experience designing and deploying modern segmentation strategies
- Knowledge or experience with modern data center fabrics such as: Nexus 9K using NDFC (DCNM), Arista VXLAN-BGP-EVPN or Cisco ACI
- Knowledge or experience F5, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Aruba, Juniper, Cisco UCS, or Cisco MDS is a plus