Job Title: PIPING DESIGNER
Location: Bangalore / Remote
Employment Type: Full Time
Industry: Engg & IT Service
Experience: 10+ years
Functional Area: AVEVA E3D, PDMS; Intergraph PDS, SmartPlant 3D (Smart 3D/SP3D)
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years
EDUCATION: BE/BTech Mechanical
The position holds Piping Designer/Checkers experienced in the field of Piping Engineering majorly for Oil/Gas and Petrochemicals Industries. The candidate needs to be with hands on experience for at least 8 years in Detail Engineering for Piping. The following responsibilities gauge the proficiency for this position.
- Should be able to understand, design, model and deliver complex piping systems independently.
- Need to have experience in Checking Isometrics, Model Reviews and Piping Studies.
- Able to read and interpret Process documents / drawings like PIDs, Process flow diagram, Datasheets, Piping Material Specification, Line list and other information.
- Should be able to prepare conceptual layouts during piping studies using Industry standards like OISD etc.
- Good expertise on Piping Design of different systems like Pump, Heat Exchangers, Column, Air-fin Cooler, Tank farm, Hot oil systems and other utilities like Steam and Gas lines.
- Good Knowledge on Piping Supports, Selection and Detailing.
- Need to have good proficiency in using review tools like Navis works.
- Able to read Isometrics / Layouts for different scopes like Demolition, New and Existing Piping;
- Need to have knowledge on Pipe Spooling, fabrication, and construction practices.
- Should have control over Isometrics and check its compatibility with various documents / drawings like P&IDs, Line list, Layout and PMS.
- Should be able to prepare & review Piping Layouts, Isometrics, Equipment Layouts, Plot Plans, MTO, Line List, Critical line list, Valve List and BOQ
- Should have experience in operating tools like LFM to perform Clash check with Laser scans.
- Should have good book-keeping habits
- Should be able to work under pressure for long hours
- Any 3D modelling software.
- Preferred: AVEVA E3D, PDMS; Intergraph PDS, SmartPlant 3D (Smart 3D/SP3D)
- Good to have: CADWorx; Autodesk Plant3D, Bentley AutoPlant/ OpenPlant
DOMAIN: Oil & Gas, Refineries, Petrochemical, Speciality Chemicals, Power etc.