Dedicated Development & Innovation Team
If you are considering developing a Dedicated IT, R&D or Engineering team at a high-value & cost-competitive location, then you must consider InOpTra as the option. This is our unique specialty, and we have done this for decades for many international organizations. We have created successful innovation centers and teams of various sizes and capabilities- small to large, simple developmental and design change management activities to end-to-end product developments and R&D centers.
Not just cost-savings, but other important factors like agility, flexibility and capacity are also typical driving factors in these strategic decisions. Additionally, we need to ensure mutual alignment and cultural integration between the teams, to derive intended benefits.
InOpTra will shoulder the complete ownership of developing such a team or center that will provide you with guaranteed performance, success and unique values (cost, capacity & capabilities). We will develop the team or center based on your needs and expectations- team strength, growth, technology platforms, expertise levels, infrastructure needs or IP & Data Protections.
Our proven 5G-R Gear-Shift Development Model is a well thought-out rollout methodology, with phase-wise development to ensure successful development of such centers.
5G-R Gear-Shift Development Model
As in driving a car, while developing a Remote Development Team, we must use different speeds, processes and techniques in each phase of development. The planning, team composition, type of projects, communication and data management systems, coordination mechanisms, review mechanisms & frequency, KPIS & Metrics will considerably vary from phase to phase. The involvement and effort by the top management will change from phase to phase as the required management drive and oversight will differ.
InOpTra has developed a 5 stage growth model, from initiation to developing a high-maturity Center of Excellence. Each phase has defined goals, execution methodologies & templates, team ramp-up plans, risks & mitigation plans, data & communication management plans, measurable KPIs and review mechanisms.
Phases of Engagement
- G1: Initiation
- G2: Execution & Expansion
- G3: Grow & Stabilize
- G4: Maturity & Innovation
- G5: Develop Center of Excellence
- G-R: Ramp-Down
- Planning & Initiation Phase
- Duration: 2 to 3 months
- Team Size: 2 to 4
- Location / Infrastructure: Through mutual planning
- High level of mutual involvement
- Development of customized process plans and docs
- Mutual reviews, planning
- Initial programs & pilots
G2: Execution & Expansion
- Identify and kick-start programs which can run with lower supervision
- Duration: 6 months
- Team: Around 20% of the final phase
- Location: Your office and the InOpTra office
- Phase for integration of key leads and execution refinement
- Establish KPIs and Review Mechanisms
G3: Grow & Stabilize
- Pick up the speed
- More variety and multi-technology projects, with higher level of ownership
- Start continuous improvements to increase efficiency & productivity
- Duration: 1 year
- Location: Largely InOpTra office
- Identify key leaders and form organization structure for future ramp-up
G4: Maturity & Innovation
- Drive towards optimal performance
- Org structure is developed to have seamless integration with home team and structure
- Ownership of major projects up to 80% levels
- Drive innovations
- Develop as a Center of Excellence for identified areas / domains
- Depute in-house managers periodically
- Higher level of integration
G5: Develop Center of Excellence
- Steady state, mature operation, with full capacity.
- Well defined org structure and execution approach
- High level of innovation and new idea generation
- Ownership of entire program, as required
- Judicious mix of programs and competencies
- High level of productivity and benefits.
- Continuous improvements and training
- Applicable whenever reduction in team-size and activity needs to carried out (temporary or long-term).
- Proper forecasts on such reductions and well planned execution
- Each program to be validated for effects of changes in the organization
- Productivity and other performance issues to be validated.
- Judicious mix of programs and competencies
- Future ramp-up, if foreseen, to be considered
- Cultural and statutory issues to be reviewed.
This approach will be discussed and customized with you, and development will be planned and implemented to ensure long-term success with desired performance outcomes. The entire development will be done with mutual involvement as required. The learning brought by the practices of each phase will be leveraged for the future phases in a structured approach.