COVID-19 has changed the world so much, causing immense suffering and huge disruptions on life and livelihood. However, technology has done a fantastic job in helping to reduce the catastrophic effects to some extent.
It has helped accelerate the adoption of technology by every organization and individual, bringing about a tectonic shift in human behaviour. Organizations are using technology as an opportunity both to recover from the COVID-19 crisis and to boldly position themselves to thrive in the future.
- Accelerating digital transformations with an emphasis on improving cloud infrastructure, data and analytics capabilities, cybersecurity, and the overall approach for business.
- Redeveloping where and how design, manufacturing or service delivery happens, with a focus on redefined supply-chain, with substantially improved cost-effectiveness, transparency, flexibility, and adoptability.
- Redeploying and reskilling the workforce to optimize remote work capabilities and take full advantage of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), Mobile Technology, IoT technologies, AR/VR etc.
The technology landscape is rapidly changing across industries and markets. We now see a host of new and upcoming technologies that help develop new and fascinating software or mobile applications for business users and consumers alike. However, more often than not, organizations lack the ability to design and deliver the appropriate new solution, powered with the right digital technologies, in a timely manner. This creates many issues especially in identifying and finding the right people who have the skill to learn, adapt and innovate.
InOpTra Digital has successfully partnered with many corporations, from established global technology giants to upcoming start-ups, by becoming a ‘Partner of Choice’ to address their digital innovation needs. Our experts and engineers have been closely working with our clients in varied domains and technology areas like Product Development, Data Sciences & Engineering, DevOps, Testing, Enterprise Mobility, Cloud Computing, Kubernetes, Big Data, Analytics, AR/VR, Blockchain and AI/ML.
InOpTra has the distinction of being at the forefront of technology. Furthermore, we continuously strive to update our resources on various new technology stacks from within the organization. We encourage our SMEs to learn and enhance new technologies and skills in contemporary and advanced areas, and to continuously update their knowledge repository for the benefit of our clients. This in turn enables us to support our clientele in Technology and allied Industry sectors alike: be it Banking and Finance, Education, Healthcare and Insurance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Logistics.
The hi-tech industry can be broken down into three primary segments- original equipment manufacturers, semiconductor technologies, and software companies. Companies in this industry, in response to both competitive and customer pressures, are rapidly embracing the shift to Digital.
To enable this shift, a plethora of new technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), data & analytics, artificial intelligence, blockchain, automation, cloud, digital integration and mobility are helping to evolve new business models and transform the value chain.
InOpTra helps its customers in Digital Transformation consulting. Our expertise lies in the following areas:
- Analytics Applications that help digest massive amounts of data to provide an understanding of the past and present, while supporting predictive insights and actions for the future.
- Big Data Tools that allow for the massive collection and storing of diverse data sources from hardware to software, from supply chain to consumer.
- Blockchain A distributed ledger that offers the ability to bring trust, transparency, and security to transactions, from smart contracts to supply chain management.
- The Cloud The underlying platform that serves as a common foundation across applications and technology, integrating things, people, and processes into a single accessible system.
- Design Thinking The transformative process that places the customer first in the design of all technology and processes, through a highly collaborative and rapid iterative prototype and testing approach.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) The connected sensor network that collects data on products, assets, software, and services from the supplier to the customer.
- Machine Learning intelligent applications that learn to understand and leverage human behavior to predict and solve both business and consumer issues.
The utilities sector is still in the midst of a major structural transformation. The industry finds the IT requirements challenging for digital transformations, and as such, QA organizations should have a comprehensive digital assurance platform to avoid future problems.